The call document approach is, in my opinion, among the most effective methods to training agent phone calls and ensuring top quality. Below’s a 9-step plan for properly coaching phone call facility agent phone calls:
1. Randomly record 2– 3 phone conversation. Random recording is very important. Do not videotape 3 calls back to back or on the same day, as your worker might be having a bad day and also this might be reflected in all of one mid-day’s phone calls, yet is not always reflective of their regular efficiency.
2. Testimonial the calls and note strengths as well as opportunities. Before conference with your worker, pay attention to the calls as well as note what they succeeded and also recognize 1– 2 opportunities for performance renovation.
3. Play one tape as well as allow your staff member listen. During the playing of the tape, you do not need to respond.
4. Have your staff member react to the tape. After the tape is played, ask your employee to react. A lot of workers will certainly be excessively self-critical. Your worker will likely note numerous possibilities for improvement as well as battle to verbalize what they have actually done well.
5. Coach the call. Utilize the “sandwich” strategy. Tell your staff member what s/he succeeded, complied with by useful feedback, and after that finish with positive feedback. When providing positive feedback, share just one chance for renovation. The staff member has actually most likely observed and mentioned several renovation opportunities so there is no need to bring these up once more Try to state one thin g the employee did not raise and use this as your useful feedback.
6. Gain dedication for performance renovation. Ask the employee, “What certain actions will you take over the following 5 days to boost around?” Make a note of what the staff member states and repeat it to her. Sum up the session by restating staminas and providing a vote of confidence that she can boost in the identified location.
7. Repeat steps 2– 6 with a 2nd as well as probably third tape if necessary. The factor of countless recording is that a worker may react defensively mentioning that was just a “poor” call. If that is the response, you might pick to assess a second or third tape.
8. Follow-up prior to the following agent training session. Consult your staff member in between training sessions to maintain the dedication top of mind. You can touch base with your staff member via email or a personal discussion.
9. Discuss enhancement in following mentoring session. Prior to listening to hire the next mentoring session, ask your employee how she’s progressing towards the goal of the last session. Try to find renovation on-call evaluated in this session.
This 9-step telephone call center agent training version is simple, clear and it both praises staff members and offers support for renovation chances.
When you follow this 9-step procedure, you will establish clear efficiency assumptions, train efficiently and constantly as well as at the same time you will be inspiring your employees.